Rabies Vaccination Clinics
North Carolina Law: "The owner of every dog and cat over four months of age shall have the animal vaccinated against rabies." In Cumberland County, the owners of dog and cats which have not been vaccinated in accordance with this law are subject to a civil penalty in the amount of $100.00.
Schedule for Rabies Vaccination Clinics
All Rabies Vaccination Clinics will be held from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
- Stedman Elementary School – Highway 24 South, Stedman
- Montibello Shopping Center – Cliffdale and Rim Roads
- Tarheel Specialties, Inc. – 10335 Ramsey Street Linden
Thursday, April 9, 2009
- Loyd, E. Auman Elementary School – 6882 Raeford Road
- Rockfish Elementary School – Rockfish Road, Hope Mills
- Chaps Bar – Chicken Foot and Yarborough Road
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
- Beaver Dam School-Highway 210S and SR 2035, Beaver Dam
- Massey Hill Classical School 1062 Southern Avenue
- Strickland Bridge Shopping Center – Strickland Bridge Road
Thursday, April 16, 2009
- South View Middle School – Elk Road, Hope Mills
- Lake Rim Park – 2214 Tarkin Drive (off Raeford Road)
- Mendoza Park – Highway 87 North, Spring Lake
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
- Warrenwood 4618 Rosehill Road
- Stoney Point Elementary – 7411 Rockfish Road
- Short Stop/Exxon – Highway 87 S. and Sandhill Road
Thursday, April 23, 2009
- Benjamin J. Martin Elementary School – 240 Reilly Road
- DAK Resins (formally Monsanto) Parking Lot – Cedar Creek Road
- Family Fellowship Worship Center – Danbury Road (off Murchison Rd)
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
- Eastover-Central Elementary School – 301 North at Highway 13
- Northwood Temple Church – 401 N. at Andover Road
- Galberry Farms Elementary School 8019 Byerly Drive
Thursday, April 30, 2009
- District 7 Elementary School – Wade-Stedman and Smithfield Roads
- Mazarick Park – Belvedere Avenue
- Charlie Rose Agri-Expo Center – East Mountain Drive
Top of Page
To remain properly immunized, a dog or cat must receive two rabies vaccinations one year apart, then one
vaccination every three years thereafter.
Please keep your dog on a leash. Keep your cats in separate carriers or boxes or
leave them in your car. Owners may be held responsible for their pets and for any damage they cause.
Fee: $5.00 per Dog or Cat
Sorry, No Checks.
We sincerely appreciate the cooperation of the Cumberland County Schools in
distributing Rabies Vaccination Clinic Schedules through the schools.
Top of Page
For Rabies Prevention
- Do keep wild animals out of your home. Secure doors and windows, cap chimneys with screens, and close any openings in foundations, porches, basements and attics.
- Do Stay away from strays and other people's pets.
- Do confine your pet to your property.
- Do secure trash and store garbage and pet food in animal-proof containers.
- Do spay or neuter your pet.
- Do have your animals vaccinated.
- Do save your pets' vaccination certificates.
- Do treat all animal bites and scratches seriously.
- Do act on any attack or bit suffered by your pet.
DO NOTs ...
- Do Not leave uneaten containers of pet food outdoors.
- Do Not feed wild animals or leave food out for them.
- Do Not allow your pets to run loose.
- Do Not try to tame wild animals.
- Do Not try to capture any wild animal by yourself.
- Do Not try to vaccinate your own pets against rabies.
- Do Not destroy the brain of any suspect animal. (If an animal must be destroyed, do not shoot it in the head. The brain must be intact and kept under refrigeration for laboratory examination for the presence of rabies.)
- Do Not accept the advice of unqualified persons with regards to rabies.
Top of Page