Watch us on Cumberland Matters
The Cumberland County Child Support Department is located at 109 Bradford Avenue
4th Floor Fayetteville, NC 28302 with normal business hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Monday thru Friday. Child Support inquiries can be directed to the DHHS Customer Service Call Center at 1-800-992-9457
and/or the Child Support Department at 910-486-1092. Information may also be obtained by visiting the state operated
child support website at http://www.ncchildsupport.com/.
The child support department is responsible for providing the following services:
- Noncustodial Parent Location: confirm the noncustodial parent’s location in order to initiate the process.
- Establishment of Paternity: determine the biological father either voluntarily or by other legal means including DNA paternity testing.
- Establishment of Child Support Obligation: a court order that establishes a monetary child support obligation based on the NC Child Support Guidelines which may include medical coverage. The obligation may be established voluntarily or by other legal methods.
- Collection of Child Support Payments: all payments are made to the North Carolina Centralized Collections for monitoring and tracking purposes.
- Enforcement of Child Support Obligations: to enforce child support payments through administrative or judicial actions; the most common method being mandatory wage withholding.