Applications are not accepted at this time until further notice.
Eligible Applicants / Businesses
For-profit businesses operating within Cumberland County (outside the City of Fayetteville) employing up to ten (10) employees may apply.
Certain business types are ineligible to apply. This includes but not limited to:
- Businesses Exclusively Residential;
- Hotels or Motels;
- Liquor Stores;
- Financial / Lending Institutions;
- Private Membership or Fraternal Organizations/Businesses;
- Adult Oriented Businesses;
- National / Regional Chain Businesses;
- Bars and Night Clubs;
- Vape Shops and Hemp Shops;
- Tattoo Parlors and Body Piercing Shops;
- Gambling Business; and
- Businesses owned in part or fully by Cumberland County staff, administration, or leadership.
Geographic Service Area
Businesses must be operating within the Towns of Eastover, Falcon, Godwin, Hope Mills, Linden, Spring Lake, Stedman, Wade, and/or the unincorporated area of Cumberland County.
National Objective Requirements
Under federal regulations, use of CDBG funds for economic development activities must meet the national objective of benefit to low- to moderate- income persons under the Job Creation/Retention or Limited Clientele definition.
Funding Availability and Terms
Funds are available as grants with a minimum request of $1,000 and a maximum request of $10,000 pending continued compliance with HUD regulations throughout the one-year grant cycle. Grant amounts will be determined according to the level of assistance needed for the business.
Eligible Use of Funds
Funds may be used for the following:
- Working capital to meet payroll, pay rent and utilities or purchase inventory;
- Purchasing machinery and equipment (with or without installation costs);
- Professional Services including engineering, architectural, local permits or fees, business consulting services, but only as specifically approved by County staff; and
- Marketing materials and advertising including website development and servicing;
Funding for activities will be approved based on the business need during the emergency period.
In the event that CCCD determines, in its sole discretion, that it is necessary to revise any part of this notice, application, and guidelines, updated information will be posted at the Cumberland County’s VSS website or CCCD’s website. It is the responsibility of the proposer to check the website for any amendments or addendums related to this notice, applications, or guidelines.