North Carolina is expanding who can get Medicaid starting December 1, 2023.
- Adults ages 19-64 earning up to 138% of the federal poverty line (e.g., singles earning about $20,000/year or families of three earning about $34,000/year) may be eligible.
- The best way to apply is online through ePASS; you can also apply in-person, phone or mailed applications. The processing time for applications can be up to 45 days. Applications submitted online may be processed faster.
- The coverage will be comprehensive, including services like primary care, hospital stays, maternity care, vision and hearing, and more.
- Medicaid pays for doctor visits, yearly check-ups, emergency care, mental health and more – at little or no cost to you.
- Current beneficiaries with full Medicaid coverage won't see any changes.