Sobriety Court is a problem-solving court that uses a supervised treatment system to treat high-risk DWI offenders who demonstrate destructive behaviors coupled with alcohol abuse. Sobriety Court’s focus is to intensively monitor high-risk defendants currently awaiting trial and to actively supervise and treat convicted DWI offenders on probation.
The mission of Sobriety Court is to prohibit the use of alcohol and to provide support to addicted participants in their recovery process. Sobriety Court helps participants become clean and sober.
Sobriety Court aims to:
- Treat alcohol addicted DWI offenders by assisting the offender in rebuilding his or her life
- Provide safety for our community by intensive monitoring of high-risk DWI offenders
- Educate individuals about the dangers of alcohol
- Save the lives of both offenders in treatment and innocent lives in our community
Sobriety Court services:
- Intensive monitoring by probation officers and law enforcement
- Continuous alcohol and drug testing
- Mandatory curfews and curfew enforcement checks
- Participation in substance abuse treatment (including four community support meetings a week)
- Participation in educational classes such as cognitive behavioral intervention classes
- Weekly office visits and call-ins
- Required court appearances twice monthly