In accordance with NC General Statute 130A-(90-121), all birth records should be filed with the Local Registrar within 5 days of occurrence. After being processed by the Deputy Registrar, copies of these certificates are filed with the Cumberland County Register of Deeds and the original documents are submitted to NC State Vital Records where they are maintained.
For births occurring at home where no certified midwife is present, the mother is responsible for registering the birth with the Local Registrar. The following information is required for this process:
- Home Birth Registration form
- Proof of delivery or pregnancy (records of prenatal care, ultrasound, etc.)
- Proof of address where birth occurred (i.e. utility bill delivered by USPS)
- Social Security cards for both parents
- Current ID or valid government issued ID (see acceptable IDs listed below)
Call for appointment at 910-433-3715