The Medical Records Division is responsible for the retention of all patient records.
To review the Cumberland County Department of Public Health Notice of Privacy Practices (English) and Notice of Privacy Practices (Spanish)
- $0.50 per page for 1-100 pages
- $0.25 per page for pages over 101
To obtain a copy of medical records
Requesting Medical Records
Patients requesting a copy of their medical records can either appear in person, or contact the medical records department at (910) 433-3857 for detailed instructions on how to obtain a copy of your protected health information:
- Our Medical and Vital Records Support Division is located on the First Floor in Suite 1700.
- It is required by the department that you provide a current Picture ID prior to receiving or viewing medical records. If you do not have a picture Id, you must be able to answer security questions, prior to receiving or reviewing any Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Anyone requesting medical records is required to complete an Authorization for Use and Disclosure of Protected Health Information - English or Spanish.
Pay a fee. The amount is based on the number of pages copied. (See Fees above)