FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – Cumberland County Tax Administration is accepting real property appeal requests for the 2022 tax year from taxpayers who own or control taxable real property. The tax appeal request seeks a hearing before the Board of Equalization and Review.
The Board of Equalization and Review will hold hearings in room 564 in the Judge E. Maurice Braswell Courthouse, 117 Dick Street in Fayetteville. The next hearing date is scheduled for May 25.
Requests for a hearing before the Board of Equalization and Review must be made in writing and received on or before the board’s adjournment date on May 25.
There are three ways to request an appeal form:
- Download from the Tax Administration website: https://www.cumberlandcountync.gov/docs/default-source/tax-documents/appeals/2022-ber-appeal-form.pdf?sfvrsn=62232277_2
- Request by mail: Tax Administration, P.O. Box 449, Fayetteville, NC 28302 or call Customer Service at 910-678-7507
- Request by email: email@example.com
There are four ways to submit a request:
- Hand-deliver a completed appeal form to the Tax Administration Office in the Judge E. Maurice Braswell Courthouse, 117 Dick Street in Fayetteville
- Mail a signed appeal form to Tax Administration, P.O. Box 449, Fayetteville, NC 28302. Must be postmarked no later than May 25 to be considered.
- Email a signed appeal form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Place the completed appeal form
s in the new secure drop box outside the Judge E. Maurice Braswell Cumberland County Courthouse located off Cool Spring and Russell Streets.
- Fax a signed appeal form to 910-223-3343 or 910-678-7582.
All taxpayers who appeal their values will be contacted by an appraiser. If an appeal goes to a hearing before the board, the taxpayer will be contacted by the appraiser and notified by letter, stating the date the appeal will be heard.
Property owners are encouraged to provide supporting evidence for consideration. Examples of evidence include appraisals, sales of similar properties in the neighborhood, cost estimates of structural repairs or pictures of the property showing other than typical conditions. This information will be considered to determine any effect on value established per the 2017 Schedule of Values.
For additional details or scheduled hearing dates, call customer service at 910-678-7507. Visit cumberlandcountync.gov/tax for more information about Cumberland County Tax Administration.