FAYETTEVILLE N.C. – The Cumberland Community Foundation Inc. has awarded the Friends of the Cumberland County Public Library, Inc., $6,000 in grant money for the Cumberland County Public Library Summertime Kids Program.
Every summer since 1992, the Cumberland Community Foundation’s Summertime Kids Grants program has helped more than 1,000 youth gain life-changing summer experiences. The Friends of the Cumberland County Public Library, Inc., is using the Summertime Kids Grant to provide books and bags to children and teens attending summer camps offered by local nonprofits, neighborhood groups and other community organizations.
Cumberland County Public Library staff will visit camps to deliver two age-appropriate books and a tote bag to each child from June through August at the following locations:
- Boys and Girls Club
- Cape Fear Botanical Garden
- Cape Fear Regional Theatre
- Communities United for Youth Development
- Fayetteville-Cumberland Parks & Recreation
- Fayetteville State University Space Camp
- Fayetteville Urban Ministry, Inc.
- The First Tee of the Sandhills
- Greater Life of Fayetteville
- Moore Street Foundation
- Salvation Army
- St. Ann Neighborhood Youth Center
For more information on other free programs provided by the Cumberland County Public Library system, visit cumberlandcountync.gov/library or call 910-483-7727. For more information on the Summertime Kids Grants Program, visit www.cumberlandcf.org/for-nonprofits/summertime-kids.html.