Welcome to Cumberland County!
Skip Navigation :: Site Map
  • Welcome to the Cumberland County Website
  • Welcome to the Cumberland County Website

Do I Need a Business License or Business Permit?

Cumberland County no longer requires a business license, only that you list your business personal property with the Tax Administration office annually by January 31st. Listing forms and instructions will be available on their website the first week of January each year.

If you are opening a business that will be serving prepared food and/or beverages, you will be responsible for collecting and remitting a one-percent (1%) food and beverage tax directly to Cumberland County. This tax is in addition to the state sales tax. Forms and instructions are available on the Tax Administration website. All questions should be directed to their office at (910) 678-7590.

Please contact the North Carolina Department of Revenue and your local municipality office, if your business is located within one, to see what licenses are required. If you have employees, you will need to contact the IRS office located in the Systel building on Green Street.

You may also want to contact the Greater Fayetteville Chamber to inquire on any additional requirements. Their phone number is (910) 483-8133.

Copyright © 2012
Cumberland County, NC.
All Rights Reserved.
County Courthouse
117 Dick Street
Fayetteville, NC 28301