- Founded in 1911 as the Cumberland County/Fayetteville City Board of Sanitation and Health.
- First employees were hired in 1923.
- First health educator was hired in 1943.
- Women’s Infant and Children Nutrition Program implemented in 1978.
- E. Newton Smith Public Health Center, located at 227 Fountainhead Lane dedicated in 1981.
- New state of the art public health center, located at 1235 Ramsey Street dedicated in 2010.
- Extended hours from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. began being offered for selective service areas as of September 4, 2012.
- Awarded Accreditation for June 21, 2013-June 21, 2017 by the North Carolina Local Health Department Accreditation Board.
- Health Department grounds became smoke free January 1, 2014.
- Implemented Electronic Health Records as of April 28, 2014.
Copyright © 2012
Cumberland County, NC.
All Rights Reserved.
117 Dick Street
Fayetteville, NC 28301