Public Information Office
About the Public Information Office
The Cumberland County Public Information Office is a division of the County Manager's Office responsible for
coordinating internal and external communication with the media, employees and the general public. In addition to handling media inquiries
and public records requests, the Public Information Office produces media releases, photography, a bi-monthly employee newsletter, a
monthly television program, County government information brochures, website content and other outreach materials. The department also
manages the live broadcast and streaming of the Board of Commissioners’ meetings and coordinates the Citizens’ Academy program.
Please visit our Holiday Closing Schedule to find out when the Cumberland County offices are closed for business.
Tune in to Fayetteville/Cumberland Educational TV (Time Warner Cable Channel 5 and 97-3 on the digital tier) to watch:
- Cumberland Matters airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. on Time-Warner Channel 7
- Board of Commissioners Meetings air
live the first Monday of each month at 9 a.m. and the third Monday at 6:45 p.m.
Meetings are rebroadcast the following Wednesday and Friday.
- Cumberland Matters
- monthly magazine format program featuring five segments spotlighting various county government programs, services and upcoming events.
- Successful Gardener (Cooperative Extension Service) airs every other Friday at 6:30 p.m.
- Focus on Mental Health airs every other Friday at 7:30 p.m.
- DSSPatch (Department of Social Services) airs every other Friday at 8 p.m.
Visit the Fayetteville/Cumberland Educational Television website for the daily broadcast schedule.
Cumberland County Government Programs air at the following times:
|Live broadcast of Commissioners' meeting
||1st Monday of Month
3rd Monday of the Month
|Rebroadcast of meetings
||Wednesday after board meetings
Friday after board meetings
10:00 a.m. - followed by rebroadcast of County Commissioner's meeting
Links and Downloads