Ann St. Landfill
Hours of Operation
Location: 698 Ann Street
The Ann Street Landfill has different areas for segregated solid waste disposal:
Subtitle "D" Landfill, C&D Landfill, Tires,
Baling, and Recycling.
To see what waste is accepted in each area of the landfill, click on the link for more information.
Effective July 1, 2013 pick-up trucks, cars, SUVs, and vans not pulling a trailer are charged a Flat Rate Fee of $20.00 for chargeable debris.
- Household garbage is still no charge unless mixed with chargeable items, then load is charged the flat rate fee
- Vehicles paying the flat rate fee remain on concrete the whole time at the landfill and do not have to wait in line for weighing/reweighing, thereby cutting down on time at the landfill and on damage to vehicles
Apartments/Condos/Townhomes that do not pay the SW User Fee annually are considered Commercial and therefore pay for all debris brought to the landfill whether it be the new flat rate fee or paying by the ton.
|Area of Landfill
|Mixed Loads: (C & D material mixed with garbage)
($2.00 per 100 lbs or $40 per ton)
|Subtitle "D" Landfill:
($1.50 per 100 lbs or $30 per ton)
- Asbestos 1
- Rubber (not whole tires)
- Carpet & Padding
- Commercial & Industrial Waste
- Dead Animals 2
- Insulation (loose / rolls)
- Mattress / Box Springs / Furniture
- Paper (styrofoam products)
- Household Garbage (Homeowners 4 cubic yards per week no charge)
- Plastic Buckets (lids off)
|C & D Landfill:
($1.80 per 100 lbs or $36 per ton)
- Ceiling / Ceramic Tile
- Fiberglass Bathtubs, Sinks
- Granite / Formica Counter Tops
- Glass (window, door panes, etc.)
- Vinyl/Masonite Siding
- Plastic Pipe (PVC)
- Sheetrock / Paneling / Plywood
- Treated Wood (painted, stained, or treated)
- Vinyl Flooring / Tile
- Wooden Spools / Large Tree Stumps
- Metal 4
- Shingles - Flat Roofing 3
- Inert Debris - Dirty (debris with rebar)
(Charge of $1.15 per 100 lbs or $23 per ton)
- Car tires
- Truck/Tractor tires
If car or truck tires have rims, the cost will be $1.00 per tire, otherwise no charge.
Tires not eligible for free disposal (6 or more tires) are $61.00 per ton or $3.05 per 100 lbs.
Tires must be unloaded by hand and stacked in van trailer.
Monday thru Friday Only!
6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
|Baling Area: (white goods & computers)
(No charge for these items)
- Televisions / Stereos
- Small Appliance With Cord (radio, toaster, hairdryer, coffee maker, etc)
- Air Conditioners
- Freezers (doors removed)
- Hot Water Heaters
- Refrigerators (doors removed)
- Washers & Dryers
- Computer Equipment
- VHS Cassette Tapes / Floppy Disks / Printer Ink Cartridges
- Aluminum Cans
- Batteries (automotive)
- Cardboard (flattened)
- Glass - bottles & jars (no caps or lids - clear, brown, and green separated)
- Household Garbage
- Metal (small items only)
- Magazines / Newspaper (no plastic wrap or string)
- Inkjet / Laser Printer Cartidges (place in yellow container)
- Plastic (clean bottles / jugs / jars / lids - lids must be removed)
- Office Paper
- Commercial or Industrial Waste
- Compressed Gas Cylinders
- Construction & Demolition Debris
- Dead Animals
- Hazardous Waste
- Hot Ashes
- Motor Bikes
- Used Oil
- White Goods
- Wood Waste
- Yard Waste
(Charge of $0.75 per 100 lbs or $15 per ton)
- Clean Shingles (no paper, plastic, wood, etc.)
- Oyster Shells (no charge)
- Inert Debris - Clean No Rebar (brick, cement blocks, dirt, rocks - no charge)
- Inert Debris - Painted No Rebar (charge of $0.50 per 100 lbs or $10 per ton)
1 There is an additional Special Handling Fee. Asbestos can only be accepted by appointment on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Copy of the procedures can be picked up at main office.
2 Veterinarian hours: Dead Animals can oly be accepted Mon. - Fri. between 10:30 am - 11:00 am & 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm. Exceptions may be made upon request in emergencies. Individuals may bring ONE per at a time.
3 Shingles should not be mixed with non-construction debris. Loads mixed with non-construction debris must be separated on site before disposal. Charge of $1.25 per 100 lbs or $25 per ton if not mixed with any other debris.
4 ALL metal must be separated and placed in container box in designated area.