Career Resources offers a wide variety of self-services. Here are a few of the services you can access in the Career Resources Center.
- Self-Registration allows you to register yourself for Career Center services.
- The JIS (Job Information System) is a computer network that lists thousands of specific job openings across North Carolina.
- LMI (Labor Market Information) stores information about the number and types of job opportunities by county, region, or statewide.
- The Resume Shop helps you prepare a professional looking rÃ©sumÃ©.
- The Talent Bank connects job seekers and employers through electronic resumes in a nationwide database.
Once you register at the center, you can access JOBS Line services from your own home by telephone. The JOBS Line is a system that allows you to talk to our computer. You can use the JOBS Line to:
- file for unemployment benefits,
- get payment information about the last four or five claims you filed, and
- check on the latest information about job openings in your area.
Registered applicants may call 910-484-9001.