Residents that qualify for this program receive an exclusion of the greater of $25,000 or 50% of the qualifying, assessed value of their permanent residence. The permanent residence includes the dwelling, the dwelling site (not to exceed one acre), and the related improvements.
- Minimum Age 65 years; OR
- Totally & Permanently Disabled (No Minimum Age)
- Combined Income Limit $31,900 (Applicant & Spouse)
- Permanent Residence
- Must Meet Qualifications January 1
- One Time Application Required
- Application Deadline is June 1
To apply, complete and submit FORM AV9 and required income statements with the tax office by June 1. For disabled applicants, you must also complete FORM AV9-A signed by a physician licensed to practice medicine in North Carolina.