Accessibility Statement for Cumberland County's Website
This is an accessibility statement from Cumberland County.
Measures to support accessibility
Cumberland County takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Cumberland County's Website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Cumberland County's Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
In addition to WCAG 2.1 AA standards, Cumberland County has added an accessibility toolbar to help citizens have a better user experience.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Cumberland County's Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Cumberland County's Website:
- Phone: 910-323-6119
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor Address: 117 Dick St, Fayetteville, NC 28301
- Postal Address: 117 Dick St, Fayetteville, NC 28301
- Facebook: @CumberlandNC
LinkedIn: Cumberland County, NC
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Cumberland County's Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- All web browsers that support WCAG standards natively in widely-distributed user agents that are also accessibility supported (such as HTML and CSS).
Cumberland County's Website is not compatible with:
- Browsers that are older than 3 major versions (Example: Internet Explorer).
- Mobile operating systems older than 5 years.
Accessibility of Cumberland County's Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Cumberland County's Website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Cumberland County's Website:
- Quality of content provided by content managers: Uploaded images may not have text alternatives because we cannot ensure the quality of content managers. We monitor user content entered by content managers and typically repair issues within 2 business days. We are setting up an approval process to avoid this issue. Please use the ‘feedback’ button if you encounter an issue.
Cumberland County assessed the accessibility of Cumberland County's Website by the following approaches:
An evaluation report for Cumberland County's Website is available at: https://CumberlandCountyNC.gov/accessibility-evaluation-report.
An evaluation statement for Cumberland County's Website is available at: https://CumberlandCountyNC.gov/accessibility-evaluation-statement.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Innovation and Technology Services
This statement was created on 22 June 2021.