Proclamations are ceremonial in nature and are provided by the Cumberland County Board of Commissioners as a service to citizens of Cumberland County with the goal of honoring and celebrating Cumberland County citizens. These public service documents are strictly honorary and are not legally binding. Issuance of a proclamation does not necessarily constitute an endorsement by Cumberland County government.
- The Cumberland County Board of Commissioners will only issue a proclamation for a Cumberland County resident.
- A request must be submitted at least ten (10) business days prior to the event; applications received after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis and requestors will be advised if issuance cannot occur by the event date.
- Backdated proclamations will not be issued.
- Individuals requesting a proclamation must include the following information with the request.
- Requestors first and last name, address and telephone number for timely contact;
- First name and last name of person attaining 100 years of age;
- Date of birth of person attaining 100 years of age to include month, day and year;
- Proposed text for the proclamation including facts about the person attaining 100 years of age sufficient enough to make four (4) points;
- Date proclamation is to be presented;
- Date proclamation is needed; and
- An indication of whether the proclamation should be mailed to the requestor or the date and approximate time it will be picked up and by whom.
- Draft language submitted is subject to editing or revisions.
- Specific language of what is to be proclaimed will read: “NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT PROCLAIMED, that We, the Cumberland County Board of Commissioners, do hereby extend to (name) sincere congratulations on (his/her) ONE HUNDREDTH birthday and best wishes for many more happy and productive years”.
- Once a proclamation request is made, the Clerk to the Board, on behalf of the Cumberland County Board of Commissioners, will contact the person requesting the proclamation to notify them of the status of the request.
- The original proclamation will be issued to the individual at no cost.
- All proclamations must be picked up at the Clerk to the Board’s office unless prior arrangements are made with the requestor.
Online Proclamation Request for Cumberland County Citizen Attaining 100 Years of Age