The Department of Public Health will reopen the Baby Store on Tuesday, Dec. 1. The Baby Store is located on the second floor of the Public Health Center at 1235 Ramsey St. The store is for Health Department clients who spend “baby bucks” earned by attending appointments and participating in programs.
To protect against the spread of COVID-19, appointments are required to visit the store and only the customer and their children will be allowed to enter. Call 910-433-3890 to secure a 15-minute appointment before arriving at the Health Department.
Shoppers must wear a facemask and visit the hand sanitizing station prior to shopping.
The Baby Store is an incentive-based, prenatal health promotion program that aims to create healthy moms and healthy babies. Health Department clients earn “baby bucks” by attending their prenatal care appointments and participating in health education programs such as smoking cessation, childbirth, parenting, and breastfeeding classes.
Clients with children who visit the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program; Women’s Health Clinic, Family Planning Clinic; Child Health Clinic; Immunizations Clinic as well as participants in the Care Coordination for Children; Pregnancy Care Management and newborn visit programs can also earn bucks.
Once bucks are earned, they can be used at the Baby Store to purchase up to five items such as diapers, baby wipes, clothing and more.
The Baby Store is made possible through a grant awarded by the North Carolina Office of Rural Health. The Baby Store was originally opened in 2010.
- The Baby Store is reopening December 1, 2020 by appointment only, with NO walk ins
- Call 910-433-3890 or 910-433-3858 and wait for appointment confirmation before coming onsite
- Appointments are limited to 15 minutes and will be strictly adhered to
- There is a purchase limit of 5 items per guest
- Masks are required
- If you are visiting CCDPH for a sick appointment, you will not be admitted to the baby store, please cancel and reschedule your baby store appointment
- Upon entry, customers must visit hand sanitation station
- Due to COVID 19, access to the store is limited to the customer with the scheduled appointment only (customer and child)
- Store hours of operation: Tuesday-Thursday, 9:30am-3:30pm
Items for purchase (subject to availability)
- Newborn-5T clothing
- Hats and mittens
- Diaper bags
- Diapers & pullups
- Body care (lotions, washes, diaper cream, shampoo)
- Infant tubs
- Infant bath towel
- Infant hygiene kits
- Infant, convertible, high back booster car seats
- Infant/toddler toys
- Children’s books