The Cumberland County Public Library & Information Center is a dynamic, ever-growing public library system with the goal to serve an informed and progressive community. The library system provides modern library resources and services necessary to satisfy the evolving informational needs and recreational pursuits of the community, thus enhancing the quality of life in Cumberland County.
Your library opens windows to the world by encouraging expression, enlightenment, and exploration.
RELATIONSHIP TO CUSTOMERS
- We provide a friendly, courteous, professional and efficient atmosphere where we build a relationship with customers who are welcomed, respected and served.
- We use our expertise to anticipate, understand, and serve the needs of our customers and community.
LIBRARY AS PLACE
- We provide well placed, attractive, functional facilities that engage and invite all citizens.
- We value the library as a key community destination.
- Expert staff present a variety of free, age-appropriate programs and services that meet the current and future needs and interests of our community.
- Our collection, programs and services inspire learning, creativity and excitement.
- We are committed defenders and advocates of unfettered access to balanced collections, programs and services.
- We provide non-judgmental assistance to customers with differing opinions from diverse backgrounds.
RELATIONSHIP TO CO-WORKERS
- We are invested in and embrace change as well as opportunities to learn.
- We appreciate each other for our diversity, skills and competency.
- We treat co-workers with fairness and consideration, displaying a positive and supportive attitude.
- We enjoy our work and have fun doing it.
- We are team players, respected for professionalism, honesty and integrity.