Family & Children's Medicaid is a health insurance program that serves low-income individuals, children, and parents. For information regarding the different types of Medicaid in North Carolina and to see if you are potentially eligible, visit the Division of Medical Assistance website.
AM I ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible for Medicaid
- You must be a US Citizen or provide proof of eligible immigration status unless you are only applying for emergency services.
- You must live in North Carolina and provide proof of residency
- You must have a social security number or have applied for one.
- Income and resource limits vary depending on the Medicaid Program and eligibility.
APPLYING FOR FAMILY & CHILDREN’S MEDICAID
- Apply online
- Apply at Reception 20 on the 2nd Floor of the DSS building
- Mail in your application: Download printable PDF here
- Request that an application be mailed to you: Call 910-323-1540
FAMILY & CHILDREN’S MEDICAID RECERTIFICATIONS AND CHANGES
When information is required to complete your FCH Medicaid Recertification, documents must be returned by the due date on the request sent to you. Documents can be mailed in, dropped off using the DSS drop boxes located outside of the DSS building, or dropped off at the scanning area on the 1st floor of the DSS building.
NOTE: As a section, we do not direct customers in our other areas (Applications or Adult Medicaid) to turn in information on the floor at the receptionist desk.
For more information contact 910-323-1540