Department of Social Services - Employment Application Process
Click HERE to view current job openings at DSS.
*Note: Cumberland County only accepts online applications.
First time using the online job application system?
- Create an account with governmentjobs.com.
- Select Applicant Log-In on the left side of the screen.
- You can apply by clicking on the job title and selecting the Apply link.
- Applications can be saved and used to apply for more than one job opening.
Completing your application:
- Personal e-mail accounts are required to apply (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc).
*Note: County employees must use a personal email account and not their county email address.
- It is important that your applications shows all relevant education and experience you possess which includes all duties, employment dates, years of full-time and part-time experience, and part-time hours worked to receive proper credit.
- Resumes and/or cover letters will not be reviewed when determining qualifications.
- Applications may be rejected if incomplete.
Check the status of your application:
- Click HERE to sign in with your government jobs ID (governmentjobs.com)
- Select application status
For customer support including password and ID, please contact:
NEOGOV Help Desk
Monday – Friday
11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Additional Job Opportunities
Cumberland County Employment
NC Job Openings